Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Patience

Today I return to the doctor two months after having a ligament replaced in my ankle.  While the surgery was only two months ago the injury happened 6 months ago and has prevented me from any physical activity (or wearing high heels).  In some ways it doesn't seem so bad, however I tend to not be a very patient person.  This experience has shown me that life gives you experiences exactly when you need them.

Before this, I was horrible at asking for help.  I was even worse at waiting for things to happen!!  I didn't know what the words relax or relaxing meant and I hardly ever stopped.  My injury forced me to do all of the above.  Not only did I have to ask others for help as I had very limited mobility (especially after my surgery).  But even more, I learned the benefit of patience and  relaxing.

Sometimes the best way to get things done isn't the fastest but staying steady and strong.

"When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility. We tend to be less antagonistic and more pleasant to associate with. This creates a positive atmosphere around us and it is easy for others to relate to us. Better grounded emotionally through patience, we become stronger mentally and spiritually, and tend to be healthier physically." -DL

No comments:

Post a Comment